sexta-feira, 30 de maio de 2008
quarta-feira, 28 de maio de 2008
fri 13 utica @ club discharge w/ no fucker,warvomit,atom age
sat 14 worcester @ wheelchair w/after the bombs,perdition,the epidemic,apeshit
sun 15 providence @ as20 w/against empire,dissystema
mon 16 philadelphia @ The Farm w/farcial hoodwink,aledriver
tue 17 washington ,dc @ boby fisher memorial building w/ Lotus Fucker,Warpriest
wed 18 richmond @ Ramakins w/SSR, mega minge,Gulag.
thu 19 baltimore @ the sidebar w/perdition,shelter shock ,betty sue
fri 20 brooklyn @ Supreme Trading w/perdition,absurd system,ssr
sat 21 albany @ Odd Fellows Hall w/ the epidemic,infidels,attake
wed 20 Vancouver
thu 21 Victoria
fri 22 Seattle
sat 23 Portland
sun 24 Sacremento
mon 25 Freno
tue 26 Los Angeles
wed 27 Tijuana
thu 28 Oakland
fri 29 BERKELY
sat 30 Portland
contacts and infos:
THIS IS A FUCKING AMAZING LONG DOCUMENTARY ABOUT ALL THE BEGGINING OF THE PUNK IN BRAZIL!!!....ONE OF THE MOST GREAT THINGS I SAW IN ALL MY LIFE!!!!!!!!
HERE YOU CAN SEE PEOPLES FROM BANDS LIKE OLHO SECO,CÓLERA,INVASORES DE CÉREBROS,RESTOS DE NADA,INOCENTES,HINO MORTAL,etc,etc....TALKING ABOUT THE TRUE PUNK ROOTS IN BRAZIL....
WITH TONS OF GREAT IMAGES FROM THE PAST IN LOTS OF TAKES FROM OLD SHORT DOCUMENTARIES,LIVE VIDEOS GIGS,REHEARSAL VIDEOS,ETC....DURING ALL THE INTERVIEWS.
WITH A LITTLE PART IN COOL ANIMATION TOO...FULL OF CREATIVITY AND REALLY WELL WORKED!!!
INCREDIBLE THINGS LIKE A CÓLERA INEDIT TV APPEARANCE IN 1979!!! FOR EXAMPLE...
"THIS IS THE MOST COMPLETE DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE TRUE BRAZILIAN PUNK HISTORY...FROM THE END OF 70´s....INCLUDING THE WORLD FAMOUS PUNK FESTIVAL ´O COMEÇO DO FIM DO MUNDO´1982,etc...
ALL THE HISTORY IS TOLD HERE BY THE PEOPLES WHO LIVED IT:THE K7 TAPES MANIA,THE FIRST PUNK LP´S IMPORTED ARRIVES TO BRAZIL,THE FIRST BANDS,THE GANGS,THE FIGHTS,A CLOSE LOOK AT THE HARD REALITY OF THE KIDS IN THE SUBURB OF A COUNTRY RULED BY A MILITARY DICTATORSHIP.MORE THAN 20 YEARS LATER,ALL THEIR IMPRESSIONS AND MEMORIES ARE REVEALED..."
check here the trailer:
and check here the "intro":
THE VIDEO HAVE SUBTITLES IN OPTIONS LIKE ENGLISH AND SPANISH LANGUAGES TOO!!
FOR MORE INFOS GET IN TOUCH AT:
terça-feira, 27 de maio de 2008
I HEAR "NO FUCKER" FOR THE FIRST TIME SOME YEARS AGO,WHEN A FRIEND IN USA SENT ME THEIR FIRST DEMO...IN THE FIRST TIME I SEE THE NAME BAND,IMEDIATTELLY I REMEMBERED THE "4 TRAX" EP FROM DISCLOSE THERE´S "THANX TO NO FUCKER"...WHEN I HEAR THE TAPE THAT HAVE A DISCLOSE COVERSONG TOO IT KEEPS THE SAME THOUGHT STRONG ABOUT THAT THANX IN DISCLOSE EP...THE FIRST EP FROM NO FUCKER IS KILLER TOO!! FULL OF TRUE D-BEAT ROOTS!!! TRUE AND REAL D-BEAT!!!! THIS INTERVIEW I DO FOR THE NEXT NUMBER OF MY ZINE VERMYNOZE PUTRIDA=NOW IN THE WORKS...BUT YOU CAN SEE THIS HERE ADVANCED NOW...HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS....TRUE D-BEAT FOREVER!!! KAWAKAMI FOREVER!!!!
VP-TELL US A SHORT HISTORY ABOUT NO FUCKER...WHEN FORMED THE BAND...ETC...
NF:WE FORMED 2003. MANY LINE UP CHANGES BECAUSE ALL MEMBERS NOT TRUE RAW PUNX.NEW LINE-UP IS BEST AND TRUE TO HARDCORE PUNK. NOISE CHAOS DESTRUCTION.
VP-WHY "NO FUCKER"??
NF: DISCHARGE 1st ep.THANX TO NO FUCKER.WE DIDNT WANT TO USE A "DIS" BAND NAME.(FOFÃO´s NOTE=DISCLOSE DO THIS TOO IN THEIR 4 TRAX-EP!!!)
VP-WHO WRITE THE THEMES/LYRICS AND WHAT IS THE PRINCIPAL THEMES ARE ABOUT?
NF: ARE LYRICS ABOUT REALITIES OF WAR.ALL BAND MEMBERS WORK TOGETHER ON LYRICS AND SONG STUCTURES.
NF: DISCHARGE, DISCLOSE, SHITLICKERS, ANTI-CIMEX, ANTISECT, FADER WAR, ICONOCLAST (usa)...
VP-WHAT IS THE REASON YOUR SPLIT WITH DISCLOSE IS MADE IN TWO TAKES?? IN 2 DIFFERENT EP´S?? PART ONE AND PART TWO???
jj; ONE RECORD WAS NOT ENOUGH TO CONTAIN OUR COMBINED NOIZE! NF: We release second split for USA Disclose tour. We thought better than repressing Overthrow split.
VP-ABOUT DISCLOSE...I SEE A BIG INFLUENCE IN YOUR WORK SINCE YOUR FIRST DEMO YOU COVERED A DISCLOSE SONG....YOU WILL BE ON THE COMP. "TRIBUTE TO DISCLOSE"?? HAVE YOU PLAYED WITH DISCLOSE IN THEIR USA TOUR??
NF: WE WILL NOT BE ON ANY UPCOMING COMPS. MAYBE IN FUTURE. Johnny: WE TRIBUTE ALL WORKS AND LIVE GIGS TO DISCLOSE. DISCLOSE IS OUR FRIEND AND TEACHER. WE LOVE KAWAKAMI. I WEAR HIS STAINLESS STYLE GUITAR PICK AROUND MY NECK TO KEEP HIM AWAYS CLOSE AT MY HEART. NF: WE PLAY 8 SHOWS WITH DISCLOSE IN USA WEST COAST TOUR. THEN WE COME BACK TO NY SATE AND WRITE AND RECORD THREE SONGS AND PLAY ONE GIG WITH APOCALIPTIC DISFUCKERS. NO FUCKER and KAWAKAMY. THERE IS A VIDEO OF ABC no RIO GIG SOMEWHERE. DO YOU LIKE APOCALIPTIX DISFUCKERS?(FOFÃO´s NOTE=I DON´T HEAR THIS YET...BUT I CAN´T WAIT TO HEAR!!!!!!!)
VP-WHAT IS YOUR DISCOGRAPHY? AND UPCOMING RELEASES??
NF: Discography in order: DEMO 1 PEACE THEY HATE THE VERY WORD... DEMO 2 NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED, SPLIT/DISCLOSE OVERTHROW, SPLIT /DISCLOSE USA TOUR NOISE NOT MUSIC, 1ST 7", 2ND 7" CONQUER THE INNOCENT, LIVE TAPE AA RECORDS, AND THREE TRACKS ON CHROME HEARTS MAGIZINE VOLUMES 5,6,& 7. SOON: CD DISCOGRAPHY FAFAO, 12" EP , SPLIT WITH CONTRAST ATITUDE AND 12" FULL LENGTH.
VP-ARE YOU A "D-BEAT" BAND??? YOU CONSIDER THIS?? AND WHAT IS YOUR VISION ABOUT "DISCORE",ETC..?
NF: YES WE ARE DBEAT. IT IS VISION OF OUR SOUNDSTYLE ALWAYS. WE DONT CHANGE FOR FUCKING SHIT TRENDS
VP-TODAY IS EASY DO A BAND,RECORD SOME 3 SONGS AND DO THIS AT "MYSPACE"...BUT WE SEE MANY FUCKING BORING BANDS THERE TOO...LIKE A STUPID FASHION...NOT TRUE REASON TO EXIST.....NOT TRUE D-BEAT BANDS IN REAL....I SEE SOMETHING IN YOUR MYSPACE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT...WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT "MYSPACE" BANDS???
NF: IT IS NOT BAD TO USE MYSPACE FOR CONTACT AND PROMOTIONS BUT PEOPLE WHO DO NOT TAKE SERIOUS EFFORT ON REAL BAND ARE JOKE.
VP-THE NO FUCKER MEMBERS MADE SOME OTHERS WORKS IN THE SCENE LIKE ZINES,LABELS,OTHER BANDS,ETC???
LUKE PLAYS DRUMS IN WARVOMIT. OTHERS NO . WE HAVE RECORD LABEL NO REAL MUSIC AND WE WILL RELEASE OTHER RAW PUNK NOISE RECORDINGS.
VP-ALWAYS I LIKE TO ASK TO PEOPLES FROM OVERSEAS WHAT THEY KNOW ABOUT BRAZILIAN SCENE....BUT TODAY WITH MYSPACE,IT CAN BE RELEVANT....BUT IN OTHER WAY:
WHAT DO YOU KNOW AND REALLY ENJOY FROM BRAZIL??? SOME PLANS TO PLAY HERE SOMEDAY???
NF: YES WE WANT TO TOUR BRAZIL, BUT WE HAVE NO DEFINITE PLANS. WE LIKE OLD BRAZIL PUNK AND METAL. OLHO SECO, CETERA, RDP LIXOMANIA, ETC.... NEW: BESTHOVEN & DEATH FROM ABOVE RULE. ALSO SP CAOS LIVE TAPE.
11-ARE YOU VEGAN/VEGETARIANS?? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS...??
NF: SOME MEMBERS ARE SOME MEMBERS ARENT ALL MEMBERS HAVE BEEN AT ONE TIME. BUT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BAND REALLY.
VP-AND IS JUST THIS...LAST COMMENTS...ADD WHAT YOU WANT...AND THANX A LOT FOR ANSWER!!!
THANKS FOR INTERVIEW AND KEEPING UP DBEAT RAW NOISE . IT IS AN INSPIRATION. WE ALL KEEP KAKAMIS SPIRIT ALIVE FOREVER...
NOISE CHAOS DESTRUCTION.
segunda-feira, 26 de maio de 2008
I HEAR RECHARGE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE DOUBLE LP COMP. "CHAOS OF DESTRUCTION-VOL. II"(RELEASED BY KAWAKAMY=DISCLOSE IN JAPAN,WHERE BESTHÖVEN APPEAR TOO)AND I GET TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THEIR AMAZING MUSIC THEN I WROTE A LETTER TO THEM AND DO THIS INTERVIEW FOR MY ZINE...BJÖRN SAID ME THAT TIME THAT THE BAND BROKE UP AND THIS IS THE LAST INTERVIEW THEY ARE DOING FOR RECHARGE...THE INTERVIEW WAS PUBLISHED IN MY ZINE VERMYNOZE PUTRIDA NUMBER 25 IN 2000,IN ENGLISH AND PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE...HOPE ALL THE RECHARGE FANS CAN CHECK THIS AND ENJOY THIS...
VP=TELL US THE HISTORY OF RECHARGE...
BJORN=RECHARGE CAME FROM HANNOVER/GERMANY AND PARTY DERIVED FROM A BAND CALLED "CHEMICAL MAZE" WICH SPLIT UP IN THE MIDLLE OF 1992.AT FIRST THE SET ONLY CONSISTED OF "DISCHARGE COVERSONS".BUT WHEN THE DRUMMER CAME BACK TO GERMANY AFTER HAVING SPENT ONE YEAR IN ENGLAND WITH A BAND CALLED ´THE LOSERS´ IT WAS DECIDED TO PRODUCE OWN SONGS.IN A QUITE SHORT PERIOD OF TIME 14 SONGS WERE MADE UP.10 SONGS WERE RELEASED IN A 12 INCH EP NAMED "SILENT SCREMAS" AT AC RECORDS FROM PEINE.,THE REST OF THE SONGS HAVE APPEARED ON VARIOUS COMPILATIONS,AND ALL 14 ARE RELEASED ON A CD FOR JAPAN AND USA ON "TRIBAL WAR ASIA".IN MARCH 1996 THE NEXT RECHARGE LP/CD CALLED "HAMBURG 42" WAS RELEASED BY EPISTROPHY(THIS TIME ALL SONGS WERE SUNG IN GERMAN LANGUAGE).THE SAME MONTH,RECHARGE WENT TO TOUR JAPAN FOR TWO WEEKS AND SHORTLY AFTER THIS,NEW SONGS WERE RECORDED FOR A SPLIT EP WITH EXTINCTION GOVERMMENT FROM TOKYO WICH WAS RELEASED IN EARLY 1997.IN SEPTEMBER 1997 THE NEXT LP/CD CALLED "MENSCHEN,HASS,VERNICHTUNG" CAME OUT.FOLLOWED BY A GERMANY TOUR WITH "BAFFDECKY".IN 1998 RECHARGE WENT ON A CZECHOSLOVAKEIA/AUSTRIA/SWITZERLAND TOUR AND DID A SPLIT EP WITH `EXTERNAL MENACE`FROM SCOTLAND.AFTER THIS TOUR,BOTH THE SINGER AND BASSPLAYER(WHO HAD JOINED THE BAND IN 97)LEFT THE BAND,SO THE REST OF RECHARGE DECIDED TO FORM A NEW BAND CALLED AUDIO KOLLAPS.THEY WILL RECORD A SPLIT EP WITH WOLFPACK FROM SWEDEN WICH WILL BE RELEASED IN LATE 2000 BY EPISTROPHY RECORDS.A FULL LENGHT ALBUM OF AUDIO KOLLAPS IS PLANNED TO RECORD IN APRIL 2001.FIND MORE ABOUT RECHARGE AND AUDIO KOLLAPS ON OUR WEBSITES:RECHARGE=http://www.recharge.de AUDIO KOLLAPS=http://www.audiokollaps.de
VP=ARE YOU MEMBERS MAKING SOME OTHERS WORKS IN GERMAN SCENE?
BJORN=BESIDES WRITING FOR LOTS OF ZINES LIKE ´PLASTIC BOMB´.I´M WORKING AT A NON COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION WHERE I´M DOING A PROGRAM CALLED ´SATY PUNK´ WICH IS ALSO BROADCASTED VIA INTERNET SITE:http://www.radioflora.apc.de/musik/punk/punk.html.I´M ALSO WORKING AS A PUNK DJ IN A PUB IN HANNOVER AND I USEDTO ORGANIZA VARIOUS PUNK GIGS AND WOEK FOR A PUNK DISTRIBUTION.OUR BASSPLAYER PAUL AND ME ARE ALSO PLAYING IN A STREETPUNK BAND CALLED ´VENDETTA´WHERE MY GIRLFRIEND KIRSTEN IS DOING THE VOCALS PART.
VP=TELL US ABOUT THE LYRICS OF RECHARGE...
BJORN=IN OUR LYRICS WE DON´T WANT TO SAY:YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR THAT,WE HAVE TO SHOW THE PRONLEMS SO THAT PEOPLE MAKE UP THEIR OWN MIND ABOUT IT AND REACT INDIVIDUALLY.
VP=YOUR FAVORITE BANDS AND INFLUENCES?
BJORN=A LOT OF THE OLD ENGLISH 80´S BANDS LIKE ONE WAY SISTEM,DISCHARGE,THE FITS,UPROAR,EXTERNAL MENACE,ETC...BANDS WE GREW UP WITH.WE ALSO LIKE OLD BANDS FROM FINLAND TERVEET KADET,RATTUS,APPENDIX,BASTARDS,ETC...AND OF COURSE ,BRAZIL OLHO SECO,INOCENTES,RATOS DE PORÃO...ALSO A LOT OF GRINDCORE STUFF LIKE NASUM,KRISIUN LATELY.
VP=TELL US ABOUT THE OLD GERMAN BANDS...
BJORN=MOST OF THEM DON´T EXIST ANYMORE OR DOING SOME BORING ROCKSTARS SHIT STYLE OF MUSIC.THEY DID GOOD MUSIC IN THE PAST,BUT MOST OF THEM CAN´T LIVE UP TO THEIR OLD QUALITIES NOWADAYS.
VP=TELL US ABOUT THE GREAT GERMAN BANDS FROM TODAY...
BJORN=THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD BANDS TODAY;IN OUR REGION THERE ARE BANDS LIKE FRISTLOS ENTLASSEN(STREETPUNK),OR METASYSTOX(HARDCORE PUNK),SOME MORE WELL KNOW BANDS ARE; OXYMORRON(OI PUNK), STOMPER 98(DTO),KORRUPT(HARDCORE PUNK),BAFFDECKS(DTO) AND RAWSIDE(DTO).
VP=WHAT IS PUNK TO YOU?
BJORN=FOR ME PUNK IS A TOTAL WAY OF LIFE.I WANT TO DRESS DIFFERENT AND I WANT TO THINK IN MY OWN WAY.I´M DOING THE WHOLE PUNK THING NOW FOR 20 YEARS BUT I´M STILL TOTALLY INTO PUNK.I DON´T LIKE PEOPLE WHO REACT STUPID WHEN THEY´RE DRUNK AND PITY THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY DON´T GET ANYTHING GOING IN THEIR LIFE.PUNK FOR ME IS AN INDIVIDUAL WAY OF THINKING AND NOT A FASHION.MORE PEOPLES SHOULD BE ACTIVE AND CONTIBUTE SOMETHING TO THE WHOLE PUNKROCK THING.BUT NOT FORMING STUPID LITTLE POLITICAL CORRECT GROUPS.PEOPLE SHOULD UNITE AGAINST ALL FASCIST SCUM IN THE WORLD AND NOT FIGHTING EACH OTHER.
BJORN=WE CHOOSE THE NAME BECAUSE WE WANTED TO "RECHARGE" THE OLD SPIRIT OF BANDS LIKE "DISCHARGE",SO TO SAY THEIR AGRESSIVE AND STRAIGHT-FOWARDED LYRICS AND MUSIC.
VP=TELL US THE DISCOGRAPHY OF RECHARGE...
BJORN=SEE QUESTION 01 FOR DISCOGRAPHY.APART FROM THIS,WE DON´T HAVE ANY DEMOS OUT,THERE ARE SOME LIVE RECORDING ON TAPES FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.
VP=THE 3 RECHARGE TRAX IN THE FUCKING GREAT COMP. DOUBLE LP "CHAOS OF DESTRUCTION" VOL.II ARE LIVE FROM JAPAN! WELL TELL US ABOUT THAT TOUR IN JAPAN...
BJORN=WELL,OUR SILENT SCREAM 12" WAS RELEASED AS A CD VERSION IN JAPAN,SO THE GUY FROM TRIBAL WAR ASIA ASKED US TO PLAY SOME GIGS THERE.IT WAS VERY INTERESTING THERE.WE PLAYED TOWNS LIKE TOKYO AND NAGOYA AND MET A LOT OF NICE PEOPLE.THE JAPANESE BANDS WE PLAYED WITH WERE VERY FAST AND BRUTAL AND EXCELLENT MUSICIANS.THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THAT WE LOST A LOT OF MONEY.SO I WOULD ADVICE EVERY BAND TO FIND A DECENT ORGANIZAER BEFORE GOING ON A TOUR IN JAPAN.
VP=WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BRAZILIAN SCENE?
BJORN=I MET PEOPLE FROM RATOS DE PORÃO AND OLHO SECO WHEN THEY WERE TOURING IN GERMANY AND GOT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE BRAZILIAN PUNK SCENE.WE ALSO USED TO LISTEN TO A LOT OF BRAZILIAN BANDS IN THE EARLY 1980´S WHEN COMPILATIONS LIKE "GRITO SUBURBANO" WERE ALSO RELEASED IN GERMANY.WE WOULD LOVE TO TOUR IN BRAZIL!
VP=WHAT MORE ELSE?...FINAL WORDS...
BJORN=CHEERS AND PROST TO ALL BRAZILIAN PUNKS.KEEP YOUR HAIR SPIKED UP! PUNK´S NEVER DEAD!!!
THIS INTERVIEW WAS PUBLISHED IN BRAZIL IN 1987 IN A ZINE NAMED "LUTE OU VEGETE"-NUMBER 08.FROM SÃO PAULO CITY.THE ZINE WAS PUBLISHED JUST IN PORTUGUESE...AND ONE MORE TIME I´M DOING TRANSLATIONS BACK TO ENGLISH...I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS SHORT INTERVIEW WITH THIS AMAZING ITALIAN FURIOUS PUNK BAND CALLED IMPACT!!!
01=WHAT´S THE CURRENT LINE UP OF IMPACT?
JANZ=BISTECK VOCALS,JANZ GUITAR,DIEGO BASS,GIGO DRUMS.
02=HOW ARE THE SCENE IN ITALY?
JANZ=WAS BETTER A TIME AGO...CO´Z IN THE PAST WE HAD MORE GIGS AND MUCH MANY PEOPLES FROM OTHER PLACES COMING HERE...NOW OUR SPACES AND PUBS ARE CLOSED FOR MANY PROBLEMS AND WE DON´T SEE SO MANY PEOPLES...
03=EXIST UNION THERE BETWEEN PUNKS AND SKINS?
JANZ=THERE´S SOME NAZI SKINS AND WE DON´T WANT ANY TYPE OF UNION WITH THEM!! AND WE HAVE SOME COOL FRIENDS HERE THAT ARE SKINS BUT THEY ARE ANTI-NAZIS AND SOME OF THEM ARE BETTER FRIENDS THAN SOME PUNKS.
04=WHAT´S THE BANDS YOU HAVE PLAYED WITH? JUST PLAYED OUT FROM ITALY TOO?
JANZ=IN SIX YEARS,WE PLAYED WITH MILLIONS BANDS AND IS HARD TO SAY ALL THEM.THESE LAST MONTHS WE PLAYED WITH:NEGAZIONE,SCREAM(USA),WRETCHED,BGK(HOLAND),INDIGESTI,ETC...WE PLAYED TOO IN HOLAND,BELGIUM,SPAIN AND GERMANY BETWEEN 1985 TO 1986.
05.DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SKINS?
JANZ=MANY PROBLEMS A TIME AGO...BUT NOWADAYS DON´T.
06=SOME INTEREST TO PLAY IN BRAZIL SOME DAY?
JANZ=YEAH,OF COURSE! THIS REALLY CAN BE GREAT! BUT CAN BE HARD TOO,WE DON´T HAVE MONEY TO DO THIS.
07=WHAT MORE ELSE?
JANZ=WE HAVE TWO RECORDS AVAILABLE NOW=
"SOLO ODIO"-LP and "ATTRAVERSO L´INVOLUCRO"-LP.
SOMEONE WANT CONTACT US JUST SENT A LETTER WITH STAMPS TO BACK.
sexta-feira, 23 de maio de 2008
THIS INTERVIEW I MADE WITH ZAMZURY FROM THE GREAT BAND THE DIRTY DOGS FROM MALAYSIA,BACK IN SEPTEMBER-2000 AND IT WAS PUBLISHED IN VERMYNOZE PUTRIDA ZINE NUMBER=25.
THE INTERVIEW IS LITTLE AND THE ANSWERS FAST AND SHORT...THEN THIS IS NOT SO GOOD INTERVIEW AS WELL...BUT DONÝ CARE ABOUT THIS,CO´Z THE DIRTY DOGS IS AN AMAZING BAND INTO THE CRUST ROOTS OF BANDS LIKE DOOM,old EXTREME NOISE TERROR,ETC...AND OF COURSE,THEY ARE REALLY GREAT!!!
VP=TELL US THE HISTORY OF THE DIRTY DOGS...
ZAM=THE DIRTY DOGS WAS BORN SINCE 1992.AND WE STARTED SERIOUSLY LATE 1993.WHEN WE RELEASED OUR 1ST DEMO: "IN DEATH ROW".THIS IS OUR EXPERIMENTAL BEFORE WE HAVE OUR OWN CONCEPT.
(THE DIRTY DOGS 1996:
VP=WHAT´S THE LINE UP? YOUR MEMBERS MAKE SOME OTHERS WORKS IN MALAYSIAN PUNK SCENE?
ZAM=THERE WERE 3 OF US.CURRENTLY:
ZAM ON DRUM
C-FOO ON GUITAR
AND ATAN ON BASS AND VOCALS
ZAM AND C-FOO JOINED A PROJECT BAND WITH METAL CROWD CALLED "NUCLEAR WAR".THEY DON´T HAVE ANY STUFF RELEASE YET ACCEPT PLAYED LOCAL GIGS AROUND MALAYSIA
VP=TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE PUNK IN MALAYSIA...
ZAM=MALAYSIAN PUNK SCENE IS GOING BETTER NOWADAYS.MANY BANDS,ZINES AND DISTROS.
VP=WHAT SO YOU KNOW ABOUT BRAZILIAN PUNK SCENE?
ZAM=WE ONLY KNOW ABOUT BRAZILIAN BANDS SUCH AS ULSTER,CÓLERA,OLHO SECO...THEY ARE REALLY GREAT BANDS.
VP=TELL US ABOUT THE LYRICS OF THE DIRTY DOGS...
ZAM=OUR LYRICS IS ALL ABOUT CONSERVATIVE MALAYSIA,GOVERMMENT,SYSTEM AND POLITICS.THAT´S SUCK.
VP=WHY "THE DIRTY DOGS"?
ZAM=THE DIRTY IS BASTARD POLITICIAN.IT WAS TAKEN FROM A LOCAL POEM.
VP=TELL US ABOUT YOUR STUFFS...
ZAM=OUR 1ST DEMO IS "IN DEATH ROW"-1993,2ND DEMO "WAR"-1994,SINGLES "CONTROL"-1997,"POWER THAT BE" EP´S-1998,STILL UNDER PROGRESS SPLIT EP´S WITH SPANISH BAND ALSO SOME SPLIT EP´S WITH SINGAPOREAN BAND.
VP=WHAT IS PUNK TO YOU?
ZAM=THERE WAS TOO MUCH EXPLANATION ABOUT PUNK.FOR ME PUNK IS THE WAY OF LIVE,FOR ANS EQUAL LIVING,PEACE AND HARMONY.
VP=WHAT MORE ELSE...FINAL WORDS...
THANKS TO YOU AND EVERYBODY.UP TO THE PUNK!
THE DIRTY DOGS:
This is afucking great(!!!!!)zine from U.K. made by my dear friend Chris,he worked with another zine before named AVERSION too...
And this is the last edition i saw,but the number 09 is out too!!
The quality of press in this zine is amazing!! i think that is printed in professional works:offset,etc...
In this number we have an fucking good(!!!)interview with AFTER THE MASSAKRE from Liverpool...it´s amazing co´z Chris have a really nice form to do questions and the AFTER THE MASSACRE members made the answers very well!! really interesting this interview...you can know many facts about the history of band and some funny moments too...another good thing is that the interview was made with all band members and not just with one member,like we can see in the most of interviews...
A good DEATH FROM ABOVE release/history that´s another great brazilian band,from my old and great friend Glauco Mingau(a.k.a sérgio mallandro!! hehehe...it´s a joke...)into total D-BEAT ROOTS and under influences of tons great classic d-beat bands...
A fucking nice scene report from CZECH REPUBLIC too,with points at the 80´s and 90´s and then 00´s...here you can know tons of informations about many great czech bands,zines and labels...and well worked as well with photos from bands like RISPOSTA,FESTA DESPERATO and SEE YOU IN HELL...lots of contacts too...
A really nice interview with me(BESTHÖVEN)...Really nice co´z i love a lot to answer interviews and how i said before Chris really know how do this!
An article about "Norwich anarchists"...
Tons of cool zines reviews(with all their adress contacts)...and of course records reviews too(or NOISE REVIEWS like Chris said...)...
The editorial always is good co´z it is like one more article into the zine...
And another cool thing here is that Chris aways publish some photos of great bands he self take...this time are:EXTINCTION OF MANKIND,VISIONS OF WAR and PACK.
I don´t know how much copies he does each number but you can try to get a copy with he co´z believe me ;this zine is ultra recommended!!!!
and how i said before the number 09 is available now!!
LONG LIVE TO CHRIS AND AGITATE ZINE!!!!
PO BOX 202.SHIPLEY.BD18.3WB.U.K.
Lasse, THE SHITLICKERS, is interviewed by Christ, Driller Killer.
OK, let's take it from the beginning. When and where did The Shitlickers start? Did you sound much different then? What other bands did you play in?
- Me (bass) and Jimmy (guitar) started The Shitlickers/Skitslickers in Gothenburg, Sweden, in the beginning of 1981. Gutte played drums and on vocals Jimmy's girlfriend. At this time I worked as a roadie for UK punkbands, and made us a support band to The Exploited. We played some kind of rock 'n' roll-punk and it sounded terrible. This was the only gig we did with this line-up. We started a new band with me on vocals, Jimmy on guitar, Gutte on drums and Sixten (GBG-Punx, Anticimex...) on bass, and with another musical direction. In lack of another band name, we kept The Shitlickers. We wrote new, fast, short songs with heavy riffs and lyrics with violent content. We did one gig with this line-up before Jonsson took over the bass (at this time Jonsson also played bass with Anticimex), and Bob Stacy, a security guard at the nightclub Roxy, took over the drums, and the real Shitlickers was born. Other bands? I played bass with GBG-Punx (-82) and drums with Troublemakers (-83).
When did you first hear raw punk? Did you ever called your music raw punk? Did you talk about "D-Beat" at this time? Shitlickers were very early with that kind of brutal music, where did that inspiration come from? If there is any other swedish band around this time that could compare to your brutality it is Anticimex. Jonsson played in both bands, do you think that this had any affect?
- In the winter of 1981, we and a couple of other bands (Anticimex, Asta Kask...) played at Rockers Club. That gig became the start of Swedish hardcore punk. We called the music hardcore punk, raw punk, trash punk etc. Discharge inspired, but we wanted to find our own style. Me and Jimmy wrote the songs, but Jonsson always delivers, both as a person and as a musician. We had no Swedish references at all. Our influences came from the UK, which was easy to get to by ferry from Gothenburg. I listened, and still do, to 4-Skins and Cockney Rejects, even if they played another kind of music than we did.
If I understand it correctly, you recorded the first album during the spring of 1982. In which studio? The sound is incredibly brutal, and few band has managed to surpass it. Tell me some anectodes from the recording. You recorded the second album during the summer of 1982. Where? Was this unreleased until Distortion released it?
- Yes, we recorded the first album THE SHITLICKERS in the spring of 1982 at Studio Lane, Gothenburg. People think that we broke into the studio in the middle of the night, recorded on stolen instruments and skipped as fast as we came. It's a myth. We took the recording most seriously. We knew that we had to find a sound that would differ us from other bands. E.g we put the guitar amplifier in a closet and made a hole in the membrane with a syringe needle which gave us our specific guitar sound, and we added 4-5 identical guitars on each song to get a fat sound (as Pistols did). The same thinking applied on the other instruments; a lot of reverb on the drums, high middle register on the bass for distinctive sound etc. We experimented. The mistake many bands do, who play in genres where there are few opportunities to separate one band from another, is that they don't spend time on their wall of sound, which makes everyone sound the same and very few sound unique. The second album THE SHITLICKERS II was recorded during the fall of 1982 (in the same studio). We wanted the music to take a new direction with a darker sound and longer songs, but the compositions were too poor and we where in a lousy condition. The thrill was gone and we knew that this was the beginning of the end. The dissatisfaction with the album made us unwilling to release it until 15 years later.
The first album was released with two different covers; 1. GBG 1982 with the knife in the stomach and 2. the sketched Cracked Cop Skulls for the foreign market. Did Malign Massacre print both with a total edition of 300 copies? Why two different covers? Do you know how many different prints there are? The split EP with Anticimex is a bootleg, isn't it? Do you know who released it? Have you given approval of more prints of the first album, besides the original (and by that I don..t mean the Distortion-print with Silence, I presume that was approved by you)?
- There is only one vinyl version of the first album; knife in the stomach on the front and a photo of the band on the back, white label, 300 copies, own release. All other releases (Bullshit Records, Malign Massacre, sketched cover, split with Anticimex etc) are bootlegs, not approved by us. The interest for the album was immediately big in Sweden and abroad. Record companies in UK wanted to sign us. So the information spread fast world wide, even back then. Jimmy has a couple of the original album left, I lost my only copy in a separation. I do have a live recording that will not be released due to bad quality, that embodies some other songs not released on the first two albums.
The Shitlickers is one of the most mythical bands from this era. Why is it so, do you think? I have never seen any interviews with the band, and the rumour says that your live performances were extraordinary, with a brutal singer in front. Could this have something to do with the fact that you were around for such a short period, released an album, did a couple of gigs and then disappeared?
- Many reasons; we were one of the first bands in the world in that genre, we did a record with a personal, specific and identifiable sound, and with strong songs people remembered, our violent gigs, that we existed during a short period (1981-1982), that we left the punk community (at least me and Jimmy, who disappeared into the biker world). We haven't given any interviews, protected the trademark and don't participate on any compilations with other artists. The band members were also colourful characters. The fact that we in the Shitlickers-sphere were oldest among the hardcore punks also mattered. The young ones looked up to us and we didn't have to care about what other people think and thought. E.g. Jonsson and I often listened to 50's rock like Elvis, Dion and Sedaka, so the young punks must have been quite confused. Sure, we could be a mean bunch, but we took the band, the music, the rehersals, gigs, the recordings, the covers etc in real earnest. The music came first, everything else was of secondary importance. And we knew what we were doing. We knew that a band, no matter which genre, must have a) good songs, b) a personal sound and c) an aggressive marketing.
Your lyrics stands in a class for themself. Who wrote them and from where came the inspiration? Did you ever see yourself as a political band? War lyrics amongst raw punkbands are not unusual, and I suppose you've got some inspiration from Discharge?!
- Discharge wrote lyrics against war, we wrote lyrics that advocated change through violence. To repeat the lyrics in every verse was a deliberate choice. If you could say what you want in one sentence, there's no point adding more lyrics. We weren't a political or a non-political band, we were The Shitlickers, and we had a whole lot of different opinions depending on who you spoke to. We saw ourself as an original punkband, which means that we were against whatever you were for, and we were for whatever you were against. As long as there was a conflict, I was happy. This also applied against other punkrockers. I despised the predictable. The politically correct. Some punkrockers wanted to change the world by throwing stones against porno theaters. Bob and I, who hanged at Roxy with strippers and people in the porno business, didn't understand what they were doing.
Was there a lot of violence in the hardcore scene? If so, who were the enemies? Rockers? Nazi-skins? Was there a lot of drugs circulating?
- Unfortunately, there were a lot of drugs in the scene. Like in the society today. And we had some problems in the band. When it comes to violence, there wasn't much difference on stage or off stage. I was always in a fight, due to my short temper and partly because no one stopped me. It was like in A Clockwork Orange. When you're a teenager, you want to test limits, and you do so until somebody you respect says stop. You looked up to bikers, and there was never any trouble, on the contrary, they stood up for the punks, and they often visited the gigs, and some of the older punk bands played at biker and rocker places. It was a big difference between Gothenburg and the rest of Sweden. When we started, Jimmy shared an apartment with one of the skins, and we had some parties with them. We had different values, so it was natural that we started to hang with the, at the time, small crowd of hardcore punks instead, which just a half year later had become a whole movement.
Can you tell me about the punk scene in the beginning of the 80's? It seems like it wasn't the same dividing of genres then? How much did Haga (district in Gothenburg) mean for the punk scene? Why do you think Gothenburg was so early with so brutal bands? What bands do you think meant most for the new raw punk scene in Sweden?
- We, who were involved in the punk scene in the beginning of the 80's, experienced presumably what the punks experienced in -77; something is happening here that no one has experienced before. Something new. Haga became the centre of the new music, so it had an enormous importance. And almost everything was in the same block; our rehearsal room, Sprangkullen, Roxy... Haga was just like Christiania in Copenhagen, Denmark, a sanctuary with its own rules. And there were a lot of opportunities for live performances in and around Gothenburg. You started a coverband just for one night, and played songs of old punkbands from Gothenburg, like Goteborg Sound, Perverts and The Leather Nun. Let us not forget that it was people from these bands - like Lob, Blomgren, Freddie Wadling and Jonas A - who supported the raw punks, so they meant a great deal, not in a musical sense, but in other ways, also for the new scene. I believe that Shitlickers was the most important band for the genre in the beginning. We set the bar for recordings, live performances and organization. It was e.g. Sixten and I who arranged the first raw punk festivals at Sprangkullen. Anticimex became the most important band for the survival of the growing genre.
If you want to document the beginning of the Swedish raw punk scene, what bands do you not wanna forget? Do you think that Egg Tapes and Really Fast meant much?
- Egg Tapes didn't exist during our time, I don't know what Really Fast is. Anticimex was our friends, but our musical competitors. We were older and had bigger jaws, and we made sure always to play before them in the playing list, 'cause when we were finished, the audience had got so much beatings that they had gone home.
Have you ever after you quit in 1982 talked about a reunion? Opinions about bands that reunite? Why did you quit? How does it feel to get responses from all over the world because of something you did so many years ago? 25 years too late, or what? :-)
- Sure, it's great when kids of today credit what you did. But it's a long time ago now. We quit because we didn't have much more to give, and we have never discussed a reunion live. But I don't have problems with bands that reunite. If the money is right.
+HISTORY(BY DISTORTION RECORDS-SWEDEN):
* Formed in Gothenburg, Sweden.
* Played their first gig with The Exploited.
* Recorded their album -"WARSYSTEM".
* Recorded their album - "SILENCE".
* Toured in Europe.
* Recorded - "THE LIVE ALBUM" (unreleased).
* The band split.
* The Shitlickers signs Dolores records.
* "THE COMPILATION CD" releases.
* "THE PICTURE DISC" releases
* A new album releases.
THE SHITLICKERS WAS:
Lasse - Vocals
Bob - Drums
Jonsson - Bass
Jimmy - Guitar
quarta-feira, 21 de maio de 2008
THIS INTERVIEW WITH THE AMAZING AND LEGENDARY WRETCHED FROM ITALY WAS PUBLISHED ORIGINALLY IN DUCTH "DE MINIMA" IN MIDDLE OF 1985-AND WAS RE-PUBLISH IN THE GREAT ZINE "WARNING"-USA IN 2005(?)LET´S GO!!! AND...WRETCHED FUCKING RULES!!!
01=WHAT IS THE LINE UP OF WRETCHED?
W=AT THE MOMENT AFTER A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH THE LINE UP,THE MEMBERS ARE NOW:
WE CHANGED THE DRUMMER IN APRIL AND THE BASSPLAYER IN JUNE.SO WE HOPE TO START AGAIN SOON TO PLAY GIGS AROUND.
02=HOW LONG DOES WRETCHED EXIST AND WERE ARE YOU FROM?
W=THE BAND WAS BORN IN OCTOBER 1981 BUT OF THE FIRST LINE UP THERE IS NOBODY.THE BAND STARTED TO EXPRESS THE DISPEREEMENT AGAINST WHAT WE FEEL WRONG AND TO BREAK THE APATHY HERE.THERE OF US LIVE IN MILANO AND THE DRUMMER LIVES IN VERONA(150 KM FROM MILANO).FOR THIS WE HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM TO PRACTISE OFTEN BECAUSE THE RAILWAY IS REALLY EXPENSIVE.
03=HOW IS THE PUNK (SCENE) IN ITALY (MILANO)?
W=NOW THE SITUATION IS QUIETE BUT THE SCENE IS ANYWAY VERY GOOD.THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE AND THE BANDS SELF-PRODUCED THEIR ACTIVITIES (JUST SOME BANDS USE LABELS OR MANAGERS)WITHOUT ANYONE WHO CAN EXPLOIT YOU AND YOUR ACTIVITIES.THE FUCKING POLICE CONTROLED USE IN THE LAST MONTHS IN A LOT OF PLACES LIKE PISA,BOLOGNA,BRESCIA,UDINE.
THE ONLY PLACE(SQUATTED)WHERE ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO PLAY AND STAY IS THE VIRUS IN MILANO BUT THIS PLACE IS VERY LITTLE AND AT THE MOMENT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO SQUAT SOME OTHER PLACE BECAUSE(AND THIS IS IN ALL ITALY)THE POLICE REPRESSION IS VERY VARY HARD AND DON´T LET YOU TO SQUAT THE FREE SPACES.IN ALMOST ALL THE TOWNS THERE ARE A LOT OF COLLECTIVES-´N´GROUPS OF ITALY VERY ACTIVE AND UNITED AMONG THEM AND OUT A FANZINE CALLED "PUNKAMINAZIONE" MADE BY ALL THE COLLECTIVES & GROUPS OF ITALY WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE INTO IT.THIS IS VERY GOOD BECAUSE IT´S A COMMON ZINE WERE IS POSSIBLE TO KNOW ALL WHAT´S HAPPENING IN ITALY (THE ZINE OUT EVERY MONTH)VERY GOOD IS ALSO THAT THERE´S NOT ANY VIOLENCE IN THE GIGS AND JUST SOMETIMES THERE ARE SOME TROUBLES BUT VERY LITTLE.THE PEOPLES GO TO GIGS TO HAVE FUN AND TO MEET PEOPLES,TO COMPART IDEAS,TO KNOW BANDS,SITUATIONS,DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES AND NOT TO FIGHT PEOPLES JUST FOR PLEASURE TO FIGHT,VERY USELESS THING WHO CREATE JUST USELESS DISISIONS AND OTHER VIOLENCE.
WE MUST USE VIOLENCE TO REACT AGAINST ALL THE PEOPLES WHO WANT TO CRUSH US AND NOT JUST TO HAVE FUN(.....)
04=WAS THE NAME WRETCHED ANY MEANING?
W=FOR US WRETCHED IS JUST A SOUND.WE SING IN ITALIAN,BECAUSE IT´S VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE PEOPLES CAN UNDERSTAND OUR MESSAGE AT THE GIGS.THE NAME OF THE BAND IS IN ENGLISH AND FOR THIS IS NOT IMMEDIATELLY UNDERSTANDABLE BUT WE NEVER CHANGE IT BECAUSE WE LIKE THE SOUND.
05=ABOUT WHAT KINDS OF SUBJECTS ARE THE LYRICS?
W=OUR SONGS ARE ON OUR DAILY PROBLEMS,IN OUR DESPERATE WILL TO SURVIVE,OUR NEEDS OF SELF-MANAGED PLACES,OUR ANTIMILITARISTIC AND NON VIOLENCE IDEAS(BUT THE VIOLENCE IS OK WHEN IT´S TO REACT AGAINST SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO DESTROY YOU WITH HIS VIOLENCE).FOR USE THE TEXTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS JUST THE INSTRUMENT TO EXPRESS ALL OUR ENERGY AND OUR ANGER,OUR WILL TO LIVE AND OUR ACTIVITIES.
06=WHAT IS PUNK FOR WRETCHED?
W=PUNK IS ONE OF THE WAYS TO BE AGAINST WHAT´S WRONG IN TODAYS REALITY,MADE JUST OF LIES,SHINERS,MODULES AND REPRESSION.IT´S ONE OF THE WAYS OF TO BE WHAT YOU WANT AND TO MAKE THE BEST TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS,WITH IT´S ALL THIS AND ALSO TO BREAK WITH EVERY OTHER EXPERIENCE BEFORE TO MAKE SOMETHING NEW AND TO CREATE,TO EXPRESS IN THE BEST WAY OUR ONLY LIFE.
07=WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT POLITICAL?
W=WE HATE THEIR POLITICAL BECAUSE THEY TELL TO YOU A LOT OF LIES AND THEY FORGET THEIR PROMISSES AFTER YOU HAVE TO THEM YOUR LIFE WITH YOUR VOTE.
POLITIC PARTIES´N´INSTITUTIONS ARE JUST SHIT AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THEM AND APPROVE THEIR POWER,APPROVE THEIR REPRESSION AND DIE TO SATISFY THEIR FUCKING NEEDS OF SUPREMACY AND RICHNESS.
08=WHAT IS THE "DISCOGRAFFIA" OF "WRETCHED"?
W=WE MADE 3 E.P.´S,1 LP AND SOME LIVE TAPES.
THE FIRST EP WE MADE IT WITH THE INDIGESTI AND OUT IN SEPTEMBER 1982,THE SECOND "IN NOME DEL LORO POTERE" OUT IN MARCH 1983,THE THIRD "FINIRA MAI?" OUT IN MARCH 1984 AND THE LP "LIBERO DI VIVERE!" OUT IN NOVEMBER 1984.
THE GOOD TAPE STILL AVAILABLE IS "LA NOUTE DELLÁNARCHIA" MADE IN A SQUATTED PLACE IN APRIL 1984.
09=DO YOU HAVE FUTURE PLANS?
W= WE ARE WORKING ON A NEW EP OR NEW LP OUT IN WINTER.
WE MADE ALSO OUR OWN LABEL,"CHAOS PRODUZIONI" TO HELP THE BANDS WHO HAVE PROBLEMS TO SELF PRODUCE THEIR ACTIVITIES IN THE LOCK OF MONEY AND ALL THIS WITH A VERY LTTLE GAIN(1/20).
WE DON´T WANT TO EXPLOIT ANYBODY!
WE ALREADY PRODUCED "DISPERAZIONE-EP","IMPACT-EP","FUOCO FANZINE" AND WE HAVE A LOT OF BANDS TO PRODUCE IN THE FUTURE LIKE "BLASFEMA",ABOMINIO",ETC...
ABOUT TO PLAY OUT OF ITALY WE HAVE SOME PROBLEMS BECAUSE OUR GUITARRIST IS MAKING THE CIVIL SERVICE TO AVOID THE ARMY AND HE HAS NO POSSIBILITY NOW TO GO OUT OF ITALY.
10=HOW WHERE THE GIGS TILL SO FAR?
W=WE ALREADY TOLD IN NO.6 ABOUT THE VIOLENCE IN GIGS:THERE IS NO VIOLENCE IN THEM.
THERE ARE ALSO A LOT OF SKINS HERE BUT IS VERY RARE THAT PUNX AND SKINS FIGHT AMONG THEM.
ABOUT NAZI-SKINS THERE ARE SOME OF THEM BUT THEY ARE NOT DANGEROUS BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST A FEW.
WE THINK THAT´S GOOD BECAUSE WE MUST NOT FIGHT JUST FOR DIFFERENT CLOTHES OR MUSIC OR BECAUSE THE FASHION ORDER TO FIGHT,WE MUST STAY UNITE AND SAKE ALL OUR PROBLEMS.
AND THE NAZI-SKINS HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE TROUBLES AND WE MUST FIGHT PEOPLE WHO USELESS VIOLENCE AND FUCKING SYMBOLS JUST TO EXPRESS THEIR FRUSTRATIONS AND TO BE THE REST.
11=WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BANDS?
W=WE LIKE A LOT OF BANDS,FROM DISCHARGE TO BLACK FLAG,FROM METALLICA TO SLAYER ETC...
12=WHEN DO YOU COME TO HOLAN?
W=WE HOPE SOON NOT WITH STANDING THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE TO GO OUT OF ITALY IN THE CIVIL SERVICE OF DANIELE AND SOON ALSO ZAMBO.
THIS INTERVIEW WAS PUBLISHED ONLY IN BRAZIL AND IN PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE TOO,I´M TRANSLATION BACK TO ENGLISH...IT WAS DONE BY MARCELO=ROT WITH CHARLIE...BUT I CAN´T REMEMBER NOW THE NAME OF THE ZINE...SO I´M SORRY FOR THIS...I WILL TRY TO POST THE NAME ZINE SOON...
O1=WELL CHARLIE,TO START...CAN YOU SAY HOW MANY TIME THE ANTI-CIMEX IS ALIVE AND WHAT ARE YOUR RECORDS?
CHARLIE=ANTI-CIMEX WAS BORN IN 1981 AND THE WORKS WE HAVE ARE:81-EP "ANARKIST ATTACK",83-EP "RAPED ASS",84-EP 'VICTIMS OF A BOMB RAID",86-ANTI-CIMEX 12`MLP,90-LP/CD "ABSOLUT COUNTRY OF SWEDEN",92-"FUCKED IN FINLAND",LIVE AND IN BLUE VYNIL LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES.WE HAVE SOME COPS IN LP AND CD TOO AND RELEASED SOME STUFFS IN OVERSEAS TOO.I THINK THAT THE ONLY WORK IN SALE YET IS "ABSOLUTE..." WITH ANTI-CIMEX 12`MLP LIKE BONUS(7 EXTRA TRAX).
02=WHO IS THE ANTI-CIMEX TODAY? CAN YOU TALK ABOUT EACH MEMBER?
CHARLIE=IT´S ME IN DRUMS AND FREKE JONSS IN VOCALS WE ARE IN SINCE THE BEGUIN IN 1981,FREKE PLAYED BASS IN THE SHITLICKERS AT "WARSYSTEM" EP IN 1982.SINCE 1988 WE HAVE CLIFF THAT COMES FROM THE OLD AND LEGENDARY PUNK BAND MODERAT LIKIVIDATION(EP NITAD FROM 1983+2 EP´S IN 82)AND PLAYED IN BLACK UNIFORMS TOO,IN THE GUITARS AND IN 1991 WE CHANGED THE BASSIST,NOW WE HAVE LEFTY(EX-BLACK UNIFORMS TOO)IN BASS.CLIFF AND LEFTY ARE PLAYING TOO IN A PROJECT PUNK BRUTAL CALLED "THE PERUKERS" WITH AN EP RELEASED WITH COVERS;DISCHARGE,VARUKERS AND SHITLICKERS...WE HAVE ALL BETWEEN 24 AND 28 YEARS OLD AND WE ARE NOT WORKING IN ANY JOB IN THE MOMENT.IS THIS.
03=I´M HEARING SOME OF YOUR NEW SONGS AND I CAN SAY THAT YOU ARE TOTALLY INTO A PUNK/HC STYLE,SO,WHAT IS THE REASON TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED IN THIS WAY?
CHARLIE=WELL,WE ARE PUNKS STILL,WE DON´T HAVE REASONS TO CHANGE OUR ATTITUDE OR OUR MUSIC STYLE.THIS IS WHAT WE ARE.THIS IS WHAT WE DO.IF WE CHANGE OUR MUSIC THEN WE WILL DON´T BE ANTI-CIMEX,I´M RIGHT?...I CAN´T UNDERSTAND HOW A BAND LIKE DISCHARGE FOR EXAMPLE,KEEP THE SAME NAME WHEN THEY CHANGED THEIR MUSIC STYLE,AND THIS IS NOT HELPING THEY A LOT,I THINK...IN OTHER WAY,CLIFF IS MAKING NEW MUSICS LIKE FIRST EP´S AND HE DON´T HAVE ANY REASON TO CHANGE,EVEN SO SINCE MORE THAN 10 YEARS INTO PUNK MUSIC.
04=WHAT ARE THE BANDS HAVE INFLUENCED YOU IN THE BEGUIN OF ANTI-CIMEX? AND WHAT WAS YOUR MOST INFLUENCES?
CHARLIE=BANDS LIKE DISCHARGE,CHAOS UK AND OTHERS IN THE END OF 80/81..TODAY WE LISTEN LOTS OF OTHERS STUFFS TOO LIKE MOTORHEAD,BATHORY,WHITE ZOMBIE,ETC...
05=MAYBE YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT BRAZILIAN BANDS,SINCE YOU HAVE KEEP CONTACTS WITH NEW FACE RECORDS HERE,AND ANTI-CMEX RELEASED SOME STUFFS HERE WITH THEM IN 86 THE "AFFLICTED CRIES IN THE DARKNESS OF WAR" COMP.LP WITH OTHERS SWEDISH BANDS...HOW IT HAPPENING?? AND IT HELPED THE BAND IN SOME WAY?
CHARLIE=THE TRACKS WE HAVE IN THAT LP ARE THE SAME AS "VICTIMS OF A BOMB RAID" EP AND I THINK THAT WAS OUR MANAGER THAT MADE THE CONTACTS.IF HELP THE BAND? YEAH,THE PEOPLES IN BRAZIL CAN HEAR US.AND IT IS MANY COOL.THE NEW FACE IS STILL RUNNING?(MARCELO NOTE:NO,STOPPED THE WORKS SINCE 87/88)
06=WELL IN THE LAST QUESTION I OUT FROM ABOUT I´D LIKE TO ASK,BUT NO PROBLEMS,NOW YOU CAN SAY WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BRAZIL OR ABOUT BRAZILIAN SCENE?KNOW SOME BRAZILIAN BAND? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEM?
CHARLIE=I CAN´T SAY ANY IN THE MOMENT,I HAVE TONS OF TAPES AND THINGS OF ALL PLACES AND FROM BRAZIL TOO.FOR NOW I KNOW IS SEPULTURA AND SOMEONE SAID ME THAT A SEPULTURA MEMBER WAS PLAYING WITH OUR T-SHIRT IN ESTOCOLMO-SWEDEN GIG.HUH!!!
07=DID YOU MADE MANY SHOWS?? HOW MANY PEOPLES GOING TO YOUR GIGS?
CHARLIE=IN ALL THESE YEARS WE MADE TONS OF SHOWS,IN 1986 WE MADE A TOUR IN ENGLAND WITH BANDS LIKE DISCHARGE.NAPALM DEATH OPENED A SHOW TO US IN LEEDS...IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS WE DON´T PLAYED MUCH.WE PLAYED IN LITTLE PUBS TO 100 OR 200 PEOPLES,SOMETIMES IN BIGGERE FESTIVALS FOR 500-1000 PEOPLES WITH BANDS LIKE; 999,MORBID ANGEL,G.B.H.,PESTILENCE...IN 92 WE MADE A FINLAND TOUR AND WAS NICE...I DON´T KNOW BUT,WE HAVE MORE OR LESS 150-200 PEOPLES IN EACH GIG,WE WILL DO BIGGER THINGS LIKE FESTIVALS,ETC...
08=HOW IS THE SWEDISH SCENE TODAY? WHAT WAS HAPPENS WITH THAT ALL THE BANDS FROM THESE COMPS;"AFFLICTED..." AND "THE VIKINGS ARE COMING"??
CHARLIE=IT´S A LITTLE STOPPED NOW.BUT IT CHANGE MANY FAST.THE FEAR OF WAR AND CRUDE S.S. DON´T PLAY MORE,STOPPED.ROVSVETT IS PLAYING,I THINK,BUT YOU DON´T HEAR MUCH ABOUT THEM.I THINK THAT NO ANY BAND FROM "THE VIKINGS..." ARE ACTIVE TODAY.GUY,THAT LP IS FUCKED!!(MARCELO NOTE:I ENJOY THE LP A LOT! ALL THE BANDS ARE AMAZING!),(FOFÃO NOTE=AND I REALLY LOVE THAT LP TOO!!!!)...BUT NOW EXIST MUCH BETTER BANDS LIKE;DISCHANGE,G-ANX,THE PERUKERS...
09=HOW IS THE RELATION FROM ANTI-CIMEX WITH OTHERS SWEDISH BANDS?
CHARLIE=WE DON´T STAY A LOT WITH OTHERS BANDS,BUT WE WALK WITH GUYS THAT PLAYS IN BANDS LIKE ;STILLBORNS,DISCHANGE,AT THE GATES,TORNADO BABIES,BUT WE DON´T WORK WITH THEM.
10=WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ANARCHY? WHAT MEANS ANARCHY FOR YOU?
CHARLIE=DON´T MEANS ANY SHIT TO US.
11=DO YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH NAZI-SKINHEADS IN YOUR AREA? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE WAVE OF NAZI ATTACKS IN EUROPE?
CHARLIE=NO,WE DON´T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SKINHEADS.ABOUT THE NAZI ATTACKS IS A FUCK,THEY NEED TO REBUILD THE BERLIN WALLS.NO,I DON´T GIVE A FUCK.
12=DO YOU HAVE SOME PREJUDICE ABOVE THE HOMOSEXUALS IN THE HARDCORE SCENE?
CHARLIE=NO,SINCE THEM KEEP OUT.CAN SEEMS IDIOT,BUT I DON´T KNOW ANY THEN I DON´T CARE.
13=WHAT MORE ELSE?
CHARLIE=YEAH! THANX FOR THE INTERVIEW MARCELO,IF SOMEONE HAVE INTEREST IN OUR WORK THEN GET IN TOUCH.